Be a Samaritan. Join the Mission.
Make a Difference.
Samaritan House is extremely proud of the positive impact we’ve had in Hampton Roads. In the past 12 months:
- We provided housing for 272 individuals, (180+ families and 65% are children.)
- We provided 700 individuals with Victim Advocacy,crisis intervention, safety planning and court accompaniment.
- 275 children received trauma assessments, art & play therapy, counseling and academic support through our Children’s Center of Excellence.
- 400+ clients received Case Management support.
None of this would be possible without the continued support of our community. We thank those of you who support our mission and hope you continue assisting us through financial and in-kind donations or volunteering your time.
- Annual Partnership (ongoing)
Pledge financial support and collaborate with Samaritan House on various programs, special events, projects and activities for twelve months. Receive excellent return on investment through public exposure, joint marketing opportunities, positive community image, employee involvement and potential new clients for your company.
- Community Projects (ongoing or one-time):
Adopt a property or room in various locations and give it a facelift. Whether you work on an inside or outdoor space, you and your group can make the property more warm and inviting for our clients to enjoy by cleaning, renovating or improving a property.
- Company Sponsored Fundraising (one-time or annually):
Get creative. Engage employees. Make it a competition. Great team building exercise. Company can be involved by offering matching gifts and receive full benefits of Annual Partner.
- Committee Participation (ongoing – annually)
Consider volunteering your time on our board or a committee.
Board of Directors / Foundation Board / Development Committee / 100 Men / Women Against Violence, (WAV)
- Special Event Partnerships (ongoing)
Ward’s Corner 10K, (October 14, 2017) / Cut Out Violence, (October 19, 2017) / WAV – Women Against Violence, (ongoing) / 100 Men Against Violence, (ongoing)
- Share your Skills,(ongoing or one-time):
Consider volunteering your time as a group or individually to teach life skills, career skills, computer literacy, or anything our clients and their children may need or enjoy.
- Get Creative (one-time or ongoing):
Come up with ideas of your own and plan an event or activity for clients to enjoy.
- In-Kind Donations/Drive (one-time or ongoing):
Host a food, clothing, furniture or toiletry drive on behalf of our clients or office supply drive for the Samaritan House offices.
For additional information, please contact:
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Support An Event
Thank you for your interest in raising funds and awareness for Samaritan House. One of the many ways to support Samaritan House is by hosting a benefit to raise funds for Samaritan House. It can be as simple or elaborate, as you like.
Submit event information to Marketing and Events Coordinator, Eva Fuze.