Samaritan House is hiring for a full-time Grants Coordinator for the Anti-Human Trafficking department.
Position Summary: The Grant Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the Office of Victims of Crime for the Advanced Collaborative Model to Combat Human Trafficking grant. The Grant Coordinator will serve as a liaison among law enforcement and Samaritan House to ensure the proper implementation of all activities outlined in the grant.
- Provide leadership and direction for Anti-Human Trafficking Program funded by OVC by aiding with the oversight of financial administration, ensuring program staff accomplishes the approved program initiatives and that the stakeholders comply with reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the rules, regulations and reporting requirements administered by OVC.
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to: preparation and timely submission of coordinated semi-annual progress reports that address all the task force goals, objectives and performance measures, development and adjustment of associated budgets, coordination of budgeted funds and screening and processing requests for expenditures.
- Serve as a liaison with program service staff and law enforcement to coordinate activities outlined in the grant, including the Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force meetings.
- Monitor service program activities to ensure compliance with OVC guidelines.
- Attend the Victim Services Committee meetings which will be headed by Samaritan House and will be comprised of case managers, mental and physical health providers, housing providers, substance abuse treatment providers, social workers, victim-witness coordinators, and translators, and will discuss current victims and individualized service plans.
- Attend the Training Committee which will be headed by the OAG and Samaritan House and will determine training needs internally in Hampton Roads Human Trafficking Taskforce (HRHTT) and in other populations, develop training modules, identify qualified trainers within HRHTT, and ensure delivery of training to identified populations.
- Attend the Community Outreach Committee which will be headed by the OAG and Samaritan House and will determine community outreach needs, develop community outreach activities to increase awareness of trafficking, and ensure delivery of community outreach initiatives.
- Perform prospect research to identify and analyze additional funding sources for the human trafficking program.
- Compile, write, and edit all human trafficking grant applications exhibiting strong writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
- Work with the Program Director and finance to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs and ensure grant compliance for any additional awarded grants.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all human trafficking victim data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Finance, Business or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working in grants financial management, finance, accounting and/or auditing.
- Experience working in nonprofit sector preferred.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License.
- CPR certified with adults and children within six months of hire.
- Knowledge of and adherence to agency mission, policies and procedures, including Code of Conduct and mandatory reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of grant processes including financial reporting.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft programs for program monitoring and reporting.
- Knowledge of dynamics of human trafficking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with staff and interagency professionals.
- Ability to review the work of others to ensure conformance to standards.
- Ability to plan and manage own work activities and seek and use supervision effectively to increase skills and knowledge.
- Ability to represent agency in public speaking and in community coalitions.
- Ability to maintain and keep records current and complete statistical reports in a timely manner.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits. Please submit resume and job application to:
Director of Operations
Samaritan House, Inc.
2620 Southern Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
757 631-0710 ext 253 (phone)
757 631-0747 (fax)
Please complete Job Application Form by clicking HERE.
Samaritan House Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer