Weekend Emergency Housing Crisis Coordinator
Position Summary: This position is primarily responsible for providing emergency intervention by responding to calls from the Regional Hotline from 7am-3pm or 2pm-10pm. This person is also responsible for the oversight of the emergency shelters during their shift. This includes shelter visits, crisis intervention, and immediate enforcement of house rules and guidelines that pose a threat to the health and well being of other residents as well as emergency intakes for victims of domestic violence or homeless families
1. Respond to crises as they arise at emergency housing locations. Apprise supervisory back-up staff of all emergency situations in shelter as soon as possible.
2. Perform all procedures related to communication across shifts, documentation, record keeping, and reporting.
3. Conduct intake assessments and crisis interviews with clients referred by the Regional Hotline.
4. Secure transportation and placement for referred clients and provide information and referral as appropriate.
5. Redirect any walk-in clients to the Regional Hotline.
6. Complete all necessary paperwork in response to calls, document interventions, complete incident reports and appropriate referrals to Children’s Advocates, Victim Advocates or Legal Department and complete statistical information.
7. Other duties as assigned.
8. Assist victims in obtaining emergency protective orders and provide accompaniment to the magistrate’s office as needed for emergency housing clients.
9. Visit all shelters as designated by the Program Director or Executive Director during their shift.
10. Be located at the Samaritan House office or one of the emergency shelters during the hours of shift.
11. Maintain and update priority list of clients who are seeking emergency housing services.
12. Assist with electronic case management and data entry.
13. Maintain census of clients and submit maintenance requests for emergency housing needs as needed.
14. Assist with office duties, including filing, photocopying, organizing, etc.
15. Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of a B.A. or B.S. in social work, counseling, criminal justice, or other related disciplines or working towards degree in related field
· At least one year experience in crisis intervention work with victim of domestic violence and homelessness or other related disciplines
· Working knowledge of issues as they relate to domestic violence and homelessness.
· Versed in the dynamics of domestic violence and current teachings on power and control as articulated in the domestic violence literature
· Versed in the principles of empowerment and able to demonstrate this in all interactions with clients volunteers and staff
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English
· Ability to work within a team model of service delivery
· Ability to use a computer and a telephone
· Possess reliable transportation
· Possess a valid Virginia Drivers License and a reasonably clean driving record
· Current CPR card
Required Physical Skills:
· Ability to lift 25 pounds
· Ability to operate a motor vehicle, a car, truck and/or van
· Ability to walk, climb and reach
· Ability to conduct & attend meeting
Please submit resume and job application to:
Director of Operations
Samaritan House, Inc.
2620 Southern Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
757 631-0710 ext 253
757 631-0747 (fax) email@example.com
Please download and complete Job Application form here: Click for job application PDF
Samaritan House Inc, is a Equal Opportunity Employer