We are currently seeking a dedicated volunteer who can commit approximately 10 hours a month to helping ensure our emergency housing properties are in the best possible shape for our clients.
Position: Emergency Housing Inspector
Purpose: To support the Samaritan House Case Managers and the Volunteer and Facilities Supervisor by ensuring that the houses are well maintained, safe and welcoming to assure quality and decent living conditions for the clients we serve.
- Perform monthly housing inspections at our eleven emergency houses
- Complete checklist
- Complete and submit maintenance requests
- Submit a report of the condition of the houses to Volunteer and Facilities Supervisor
- Must attend and complete Core Volunteer Training
- Possess basic computer skills
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients in person, via the phone or email communications
- Keep interaction with clients strictly on a professional basis
Note: Volunteers are also welcome to participate in any program training offered to Samaritan House staff
- Volunteer will report directly to the Volunteer and Facilities Supervisor.
- At least 10 hours a month (ex: 5 – two hour shifts)
- Within normal business hours of 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Flexible schedule, you may create your own schedule
- Volunteer work will be performed at the eleven emergency houses.
Your support will help Samaritan House meet the needs of families experiencing difficulties as a result of domestic violence, homelessness, human trafficking and poverty.
Support us, in supporting them!