Job Opportunity: Maintenance Technician
ملخص الموقف: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance, and physical appearance of all Samaritan House properties including shelters, office and rental property. The Maintenance Technician will work to ensure that interior and exterior property areas are safe, comply with general expectations for living conditions, and are following city, state, or other requirements as defined.
- Will work within the established budget and assist in identifying ways to appropriately minimize expenses.
- Ensure that interior and exterior properties meet company safety and physical appearance standards. Ensure repairs are done right the first time.
- Assist in any work-related activity that may take two staff to accomplish.
- Perform quarterly and yearly preventive maintenance at each site and turn in a preventive maintenance work sheet to the Facilities Manager.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
- Attend to maintenance requests and/or emergency needs in an expedient and cordial manner.
- Keep the maintenance supplies in a clean and orderly manner. Must be prepared to handle most maintenance activities.
- Maintain inventory log updated on purchased equipment.
- Maintain confidentially and security of all properties and all residents.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Must have 2- 4 years maintenance experience.
- Must a valid driver’s license.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must be trustworthy and hard working.
- Proven ability to get the job done.
- Knowledge of all phases of building maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures dealing with electricity, natural gas, water, sewer, and the use and disposal of toxic or controlled substance.
- Skills and knowledge in landscaping, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, cleaning, and HVAC systems.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to supervise other volunteers and contractors.
المهارات البدنية المطلوبة:
- Use various hand tools and cleaning equipment. These items may vary in weight up to 50 pounds.
- Use of a ladder is required. The ladder could weigh up to125 pounds and lengths of up to 40 feet and will require using two hands.
- As part of daily maintenance routine, may be required to move appliances from one place to another. The appliances may have to be transported by means of a hand tuck up a flight of steps or on to a truck for transporting. These appliances could weigh up to 200 pounds.
- On occasion, may be required to move furniture from one place to another. This would require moving items weighing up to several hundred pounds.
- At certain times, you will be required to perform maintenance on special equipment and company vehicles.
- In addition to the above, may be required to lift and transport other items pertaining to maintenance weighting up to 200 pounds.
This is a part-time position with benefits.
تلتزم شركة Samaritan House Inc. بسياسة تكافؤ الفرص لجميع الأشخاص ولا تميز على أساس العرق أو اللون أو الأصل القومي أو العمر أو الحالة الاجتماعية أو الجنس أو التوجه الجنسي أو الهوية الجنسية أو التعبير الجنسي أو الإعاقة أو الدين ، أو الوضع المخضرم في التوظيف والخدمات وفرص التطوع.