Many clients come to Samaritan House with only the clothes on their back. We rely on the generosity of the community to ensure our clients have the necessities to begin to heal.
Samaritan House is always in need of the following items:
- Food for our emergency shelters
- Food for clients who progress to permanent housing
- Toiletries, (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, feminine hygiene products.)
- Linens, sheets, pillows, comforters, towels, washcloths
- Cleaning supplies, (sponges, mops, Lysol, dusting supplies, etc.)
- New or gently used clothing for men, women and children
- Diapers, wipes, baby supplies
- Kitchen supplies, (dishes, drinking glasses, silverware and cooking utensils, pots, pans, etc.)
- Furniture for clients who move to their own permanent home and do not have the means to furnish the new home.
You may download our full wish list of donation items needed HERE, or for a contact free way to donate, we have set up several Amazon Wish Lists that can be conveniently delivered directly to our donation department.
Home for the Holidays Shelter Decorations and Wrapping Paper
Bathroom/Toiletry Supplies Wish List
Bedroom Supplies Wish List
Kitchen Supplies Wish List
Consider donating to Samaritan House via Amazon Smile. To set up your Amazon Smile account and select Samaritan House as your charity, follow these simple instructions:
- Visit www.smile.amazon.com
- Sign in using your existing Amazon login (or register if you are new to Amazon)
- On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you are prompted to select a charitable organization from our list of eligible organizations. You can search for Samaritan House, Inc. and then, please check your selection is based in Virginia Beach, VA.
- To change your charity to Samaritan House, from your desktop go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
Consider hosting an In-Kind Donations/Drive with your organization or co-workers:
Host a food, clothing, furniture or toiletry drive on behalf of our clients or office supply drive for the Samaritan House offices.
Donations are welcome on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 am – 3 pm. Contact us today at 757-631-0710 for assistance with setting up a food, clothing or toiletry drive with your group.