Job Opportunity: Accounting Assistant
Position Summary: This person will be responsible for the daily cash receipt and cash reimbursement functions for the finance department to be performed in an accurate and timely manner. This part-time position reports to the Finance Manager.
- Disburse, review and assign accounts codes to purchase orders.
- Prepare daily cash balance reconciliation.
- Input, in a timely manner, outstanding invoices into the Accounts Payable system.
- Prioritize outstanding invoices for payment in report form.
- Print checks, obtain signatures, mail payments and file invoices.
- Prepare deposits of cash receipts and complete deposit reconciliation for each deposit slip.
- Assist Finance Manager as needed.
- Support the Executive Director as needed with correspondence and filing.
- Assist with front office coordinator/receptionist duties as needed, to include answering telephones during lunch hour.
- Fax and copy documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 to 5 years accounts payable experience preferred.
- Some college degree preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
- Proven accuracy in data entry.
- High level of organization. Ability to perform multiple tasks and set priorities within time constraints.
- Proficient with 10 key calculators.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven analytic skills.
- Ability to work well with outside vendors and other staff.
- Ability to communicate well and accurately in written and oral communication.
- Proficiency in computers including Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Required Physical Skills:
- Ability to use a computer and 10 key calculators.
- Ability to use a telephone and headset.
- Ability to lift and move file boxes.
- Ability to participate in meetings.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Candidate must be flexible and able to work full days as needed.
Salary Requirement: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a part-time job with benefits (Monday-Friday; 25 hours a week)
Start Your Application:
Samaritan House is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, services and volunteer opportunity.