Job Opportunity: Facilities & Volunteer Manager
Position Summary: This full-time position is responsible for evaluating and supporting a range of volunteers to help in various Samaritan House programs, as well as making sure the needs and inventory of items in every shelter are met. The Facilities/Volunteer Manager will also coordinate the donations that Samaritan House receives from the general public when needed for shelter locations. Will also supervise and coordinates the day to day maintenance and repairs of all Samaritan House buildings, grounds, and associated equipment via appropriate vendors and or property management groups.
- Develop and maintain the volunteer recruitment program for shelter volunteers by enlisting people in the community who contact us to volunteer for Samaritan House.
- Will coordinate with all departments on follow-up of requests for volunteerism for shelter locations.
- Maintain positive relationships with volunteers to encourage long term retention.
- Manage small and large group shelter projects.
- Provide routine reports on volunteer activities.
- Coordinate, establish and obtain and maintain group volunteers with local businesses, churches, military, school, etc., to provide shelter cleanings, assist with furniture moving program and special projects.
- Coordination of quarterly inspections of all emergency houses with the SH Housing Supervisor.
- Recruit, maintain personnel related documentation, review and maintain timesheets and provide performance evaluations.
- Manage and oversee maintenance plans, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance and major repairs. Negotiate bids and contracts. Oversee all building functions.
- Act as the liaison for the rental properties with the property management company, City of Virginia Beach, Community Association, and tenant.
- Will arrange weekly inventory of needed food items and supplies at offices and at each shelter and coordinate food shopping and delivery with volunteer assistance.
- Will assure there is adequate supply of linen, dishes, glasses, flatware, cookware, etc. for the residents in each shelter at all times and will include Housing Now program as supplies last.
- Will coordinate monthly deep cleanings of shelters via submission of work orders or independent volunteer efforts or other necessary personnel.
- Will report identified repairs via work orders to the maintenance team, maintenance company, and appropriate vendors.
- Will be responsible of the beautification of the shelters to include the upkeep and replacement of furniture, kitchen supplies, bathroom supplies, curtain, décor, etc. Manage maintenance of grounds.
- Will be responsible for the coordination of items donated.
- Will be responsible for the coordination of the “clothes closet” and “food pantry” and maintenance and distribution of Emergency Kits, as needed.
- Will inspect shelters and office space on a routine basis.
- Will be responsible for maintenance personnel and assign and supervise as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years in volunteer or another related field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Good organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to work without daily supervision., self-motivated and self-directed.
- Human relations and communication skills are critical: understanding, selecting, developing, and motivating people.
- Interest in working with a wide range of people from various backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer programs. Should have experience working with Excel.
- Good written and verbal communications skills as well as public speaking.
- Outgoing, positive, persistent, and willing to work non-traditional hours.
Required Physical Capabilities:
- Ability to work a 40-hour week if required with no physical limitations in normal ranges of sitting, standing, walking, talking, and lifting.
- Must be available for flexible work schedule, including weekends.
- Must be able to conduct and attend meetings at various locations.
- Must be able to make speeches to large groups.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to travel and make errands.
- Must be able to use a telephone and computer.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits. Please submit resume, cover letter, salary requirement below.
Start Your Application:
Samaritan House Inc., is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status on employment, services and volunteer opportunities.