Job Opportunity: Facilities Manager
Position Summary: This full-time position is responsible making sure the needs and inventory of items in every shelter are met. The Facilities Manager will also coordinate the donations that Samaritan House receives from the public when needed for shelter locations. Will also supervise, coordinates and participate in all day to day maintenance and repairs of all Samaritan House buildings, grounds, and associated equipment via appropriate vendors and or property management groups.
- Work closely with Volunteer Department to identify shelter volunteers by enlisting people in the community who contact us to volunteer for Samaritan House.
- Will coordinate with volunteer coordinator and all departments on follow-up of requests for volunteerism for shelter locations.
- Maintain positive relationships with volunteers to encourage long term retention.
- Manage in tandem with Volunteer Department to manage small and large group shelter projects.
- Provide routine reports on volunteer activities to volunteer coordinator.
- Identify when shelter cleanings are needed and coordinator volunteers for such projects with the volunteer department; assist with furniture moving program and special projects.
- Coordination of monthly inspections of all emergency houses with the SH Housing Supervisor.
- Recruit, maintain personnel related documentation, review and maintain timesheets and provide performance evaluations.
- Manage and oversee maintenance plans, schedule, and complete and coordinate general maintenance and major repairs. Negotiate bids and contracts. Oversee all building functions.
- Act as the liaison for the rental properties with the property management company, City of Virginia Beach, Community Association, and/or tenant.
- Will arrange weekly inventory of needed food items and supplies at offices and at each shelter and coordinate food shopping and delivery with volunteer assistance.
- Will assure there is adequate supply of linen, dishes, glasses, flatware, cookware, etc. for the residents in each shelter at all times and will include Housing Now program as supplies last.
- Will assist/coordinate monthly deep cleanings of shelters via submission of work orders or independent volunteer efforts or other necessary personnel.
- Will resolve or assist identified repairs via work orders with the maintenance staff, maintenance companies, and appropriate vendors.
- Will be responsible of the beautification of the shelters to include the upkeep and replacement of furniture, kitchen supplies, bathroom supplies, curtain, décor, etc. Manage maintenance of grounds.
- Will be responsible for the coordination of items donated.
- Will be responsible for the coordination of the food pantry and maintenance and distribution of Emergency Kits, as needed.
- Will inspect shelters and office space on a routine basis.
- Will be responsible for maintenance personnel, assign and supervise as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years in-depth maintenance experience to include all type of repairs, replacement of equipment. HVAC/heating, installations, troubleshooting, facilities management, or another related field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Good organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to work without daily supervision., self-motivated and self-directed.
- Human relations and communication skills are critical: understanding, selecting, developing, and motivating people.
- Interest in working with a wide range of people from various backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer programs. Should have experience working with Excel.
- Good written and verbal communications skills as well as public speaking.
- Outgoing, positive, persistent, and willing to work non-traditional hours.
Required Physical Capabilities:
- Ability to work a 40-hour week if required with no physical limitations in normal ranges of sitting, standing, walking, talking, and lifting.
- Must be available for flexible work schedule, including weekends.
- Must be able to conduct and attend meetings at various locations.
- Must be able to make speeches to large groups.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to travel and make errands.
- Must be able to use a telephone and computer.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits. Please submit resume, cover letter, salary requirement below.
Start Your Application:
Samaritan House Inc., is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status on employment, services and volunteer opportunities.