Job Opportunity: Housing Programs Supervisor
The Housing Programs Supervisor at Samaritan House is responsible for managing all grant compliance guidelines and budgets for the emergency shelter and rapid rehousing programs. This position will supervise the Housing Location staff and will maintain a small caseload. The incumbent will also serve as a back-up for the overnight and weekend Intake staff.
- Define and implement appropriate reporting to provide timely, accurate reporting for all housing grant sources and internal management including case records, financial records, and statistical information.
- Define and implement new programmatic procedures related to emergency housing and rapid rehousing for approval by the Program Director and Executive Director to ensure grant compliance.
- Supervise Housing Location staff, including team building, establishing goals/objectives, monitoring of performance, ongoing evaluations and recommendations for hiring/firing.
- Establish and monitor client outcomes, complete routine program evaluation, ensure appropriate staffing, and successfully meet program goals.
- Maintain a small caseload, assess individual’s and families’ needs and strengths and collaboratively develop individual goals for emergency housing/permanent housing based on SPDAT results.
- Collaborate with the Samaritan House Housing Locator and local Property Managers to secure permanent housing.
- Once permanently housed, collaboratively develop housing stabilization plans and strategies that create self-sufficiency and promote safety.
- Work with Senior Case Manager and management staff to ensure proper spending of emergency shelter and rapid rehousing program funds.
- Serve as a back-up for evening and weekend Intake Staff, assisting them with emergencies as needed.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the other staff members of Samaritan House and stakeholders in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in social work, counseling, or directly related field.
- At least 5 years of domestic violence/sexual assault and homeless related experience including staff supervision, budgeting, and program development as well as supervision of residential programs.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
- Proven excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to lead, evaluate and supervise staff and work within a team.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Ability to develop and work within budgets.
- Ability to write and implement program descriptions, implementation plans, and outcomes measures.
- Ability to work without daily supervision and to manage time effectively.
- A thorough knowledge of human and social services programming.
- Basic computer literacy/windows: Word, Excel, and Outlook etc.
Required Physical Capabilities:
- Incumbent should be able to work at least a 40-hour a week schedule with no physical limitations in normal ranges of sitting, standing, walking, talking, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to conduct and attend meetings at various locations including travel to other locations in the region.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle: car, truck, and van.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Samaritan House is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion or veteran status in employment, services and volunteer opportunity.
Please Start Your Application Process Here: