Job Opportunity: Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager promotes the mission of Samaritan House in Hampton Roads through branding, marketing, and storytelling. Projects with deadlines will be assigned monthly and may include, but not limited to the following:
- Create/design/redesign brochures and other marketing materials as needed to ensure dissemination of accurate information and cohesive appearance or materials.
- Update, maintain and manage agency website, including analytics.
- Update, expand and manage agency app.
- Responsible managing all social media for agency.
- Responsible for online and peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives &/or monthly giving campaign.
- Create, maintain and update media contact list.
- Responsible for writing and issuing press releases as needed and for special events.
- Create news-worthy stories and circulate to media outlets periodically.
- Responsible for design and layout of annual report.
- Create and distribute success stories regularly.
- Manage and grow email marketing lists.
- Responsible for Everyday Hero and Online Express.
- Coordinate mail campaigns including Annual Appeal and Home for the Holidays for agency.
- Update and maintain acknowledgement letters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
- Proven track record in marketing and project implementation.
- Excellent organizational and marketing ability.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Photoshop, Illustrator or relevant graphic design software and related web-based technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and responsibilities with ease.
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work projects through to completion.
- Professional, responsible, self-motivated and disciplined.
- Ability to connect and build relationships with clients, volunteers and prospects.
Required Physical Capabilities:
- Able to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to work a 40 hour a week schedule with no physical limitations in normal ranges of sitting, standing, walking, and talking.
- Must be able to operate a computer and telephone.
- Must be able to have flexible working hours, particularly at peak times around special events and educational sessions.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Please Start Your Application Process Here: