Mission Advancement Officer
Position Summary: The Mission Advancement Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of high-tier donors. Will solicit gifts from these donors and steward their relationship with the agency. The Mission Advancement Officer (MAO) will also work to identify, qualify, and cultivate new major gift prospects. Reporting to the Director of Development, the MAO is required to maintain a high standard of integrity and excellence in all relationships. In addition to the below duties and physical requirements, the successful incumbent in this position demonstrates experience initiating and sustaining high levels of accountability resulting in positive outcomes.
- Develop a plan for increasing the agency’s major gift program, with a particular focus on reaching new constituencies.
- To secure funds for Samaritan House by identifying and qualifying prospects and creating individual goals for each prospect based on knowledge of giving potential.
- Maintains portfolio of assigned major donors with high giving potential and targeted prospects; implements moves management with donors and prospects guiding them through the complete giving cycle, stewarding their relationship with Samaritan House and, in so doing, increasing average gift size and reducing donor attrition.
- Demonstrating knowledge and best practices of effective and ethical fundraising standards and developing the related and supporting systems, policies and procedures related to Samaritan House Inc. & Samaritan House Foundation.
- Develop, review and submit monthly activity and performance reports.
- Establishing and changing priorities and timetables in response to changing resources and agency needs.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum 8 years fund raising experience in the non-profit sector
- Must have experience working in a fundraising capacity in a high growth organization
- Requires strong experience establishing funding relationships with high-net-worth individuals and corporations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong writing, editing and comprehension skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical ability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, PowerPoint, and web-based technology
- Proficient using donor database (Blackbaud, Donor Perfect/Salesforce)
- Capable of managing multiple projects and responsibilities with ease
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work projects through to completion
- Professional, responsible, self-motivated, and disciplined
- Ability to connect and build relationships with clients and prospects
Required Physical Capabilities:
- Able to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to work a 40 hour a week schedule with no physical limitations in normal ranges of sitting, standing, walking, and talking
- Must be able to operate a computer and telephone
- Must be able to conduct and attend meetings at various locations
- Must be able to make presentations to individuals, small groups, and executives
- Must be able to have flexible working hours, particularly at peak times around special events and educational sessions.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position. Please submit resume and job application to:
Theresa Lindsey, Director of Operations
Samaritan House, Inc.
2620 Southern Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone: 757 631-0710, ext. 253 Fax: 757 631-0747
Samaritan House, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.