Job Opportunity: Office Coordinator
Position Summary: The Office Coordinator fields incoming calls and maintains the reception area including greeting visitors and keeping the area secure, organized, and clear of clutter. This position is also responsible to address the administrative and staff support functions of the Management Staff. The Office Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations/Employee Engagement.
- Answering and fielding all incoming calls in an efficient and customer friendly, respectful manner while maintaining appropriate security.
- Act positively as the voice and face to clients and other callers or those who visit Safe Harbor Center.
- Assist with building security by use of the front door locks and alerting supervisor of any potential security issues.
- Assist with the preparation of deposits of cash receipts and coding for accounts payable functions, sort and distribute mail and maintain maintenance records in support of Facilities Manager.
- Supporting the Management Team and other departments in all aspects of their work including typing, filing, calendar scheduling, and communications within and outside the organization.
- Typing letters and updating staff information, ordering office supplies, and background checks on staff and/or volunteers.
- Support for the Facilities Manager in tracking purchase or groceries receipts, sending out inquiries, and working with volunteers.
- Assist with incoming donations.
- Assist with special projects including preparation of presentations and reports.
- Order and maintain office supplies and storage.
- Fax and copy documents and distribute, as needed.
- Provide support for the operations manager with computer issues, printers and fax machine, new staff phone set-up with name tag, mailbox, business cards and vendors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 4 years of experience in an administrative, customer service, accounting, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of two years of college.
- Experience managing multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work a 40-hour a week schedule with no physical limitations in normal ranges of sitting, standing, walking, talking, and lifting.
- High level of organization. Ability to perform multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Ability to communicate well and accurately in written and oral communication.
- Must be friendly, respectful and communicate well.
- Ability to work accurately and within time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and appropriately prioritize work.
- Proven analytic skills and ability to work accurately.
- Proficiency in: Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well with outside vendors and other staff.
Required Physical Skills:
- Ability to use a computer, telephone, and calculator.
- Ability to lift and move file boxes.
- Ability to participate in meetings.
Salary Requirement: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time job with benefits (Monday-Friday.)
Start Your Application:
Samaritan House is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, services and volunteer opportunity.