Job Opportunity: Overnight Emergency Housing Crisis Coordinator
Position Summary: The incumbent is primarily responsible for providing emergency intervention by responding to calls from the Regional Hotline from 10pm-7am. The incumbent is also responsible for the oversight of the emergency shelters during their shift. This may include shelter visits, crisis intervention, and immediate enforcement of house rules and guidelines that pose a threat to the health and well being of other residents.
- Respond to crises as they arise at emergency housing locations. Apprise supervisory back-up staff of all emergency situations in shelter as soon as possible.
- Perform all procedures related to communication across shifts, documentation, record keeping, and reporting.
- Conduct intake assessments and crisis interviews with clients referred by the Regional Hotline.
- Secure transportation and placement for referred clients and provide information and referral as appropriate.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in response to calls, document interventions, complete incident reports and appropriate referrals to Children’s Advocates, Victim Advocates or Legal Department and complete statistical information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a B.A. or B.S. social work, counseling, criminal justice, or other related disciplines or working towards degree in related field
- At least one year experience in crisis intervention work with victim of domestic violence and homelessness or other related disciplines
- Working knowledge of issues as they relate to domestic violence and homelessness.
- Versed in the dynamics of domestic violence and current teachings on power and control as articulated in the domestic violence literature
- Versed in the principles of empowerment and able to demonstrate this in all interactions with clients volunteers and staff
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to work within a team model of service delivery
- Ability to use a computer and a telephone
- Possess reliable transportation
- Possess a valid Virginia Drivers License and a reasonably clean driving record
- Current CPR card
Required Physical Skills:
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, a car, truck and/or van
- Ability to walk, climb and reach
- Ability to conduct & attend meeting
Salary: Minimum wage. Samaritan House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please Start Your Application Process Here: