Resource & Volunteer Coordinator
Position Summary: This position is responsible for working with the Development and Donations Departments to provide the support functions, to include database management, donor recognition, public speaking, and donation solicitation. The Resource & Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Director of Development.
1. Responsible for managing and overseeing effective procedures within the Donations Department.
2. Responsible for efficient and professional operation of Donations Department, including inventory controls.
3. Coordinates pick-up and delivery of larger donated items/special requests as needs arise.
4. Coordinate item drives in collaboration with Community Engagement Manager and Marketing Manager as needs arise.
5. Responsible for presentations & tours with in-kind donors, the community; and follow-up with potential supporters.
6. Responsible for solicitation of monetary and in-kind donations resulting from presentations and tours.
7. Collaborate across departments to determine staff volunteer needs.
8. Identify, recruit, train and recognize individual volunteers.
9. Supervise activities of office volunteers in conjunction with Community Engagement Manager.
10. Work with Community Engagement Manager to create new volunteer opportunities as needs arise to continually engage potential supporters.
11. Input and maintain volunteer and in-kind donor information in Raiser’s Edge & Better Impact databases.
12. Complete monthly in-kind donations and volunteer hours reports for accounting purposes.
13. Provide support to other members of the Development Department and the Development Director as requested.
14. Attend events as needed, especially during peak season. Evening and weekend work should be expected on occasion.
15. Work on special projects and efforts that contribute to the organization’s goals as needed.
16. Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and analytical ability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and web-based technology.
- Experience using donor and volunteer database (Raiser’s Edge, Better Impact, Blackbaud Analytics, Salesforce).
- Able to provide clear and pleasant telephone communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and responsibilities with ease.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work projects through to completion.
- Professional, responsible, self-motivated, and disciplined.
- Ability to connect and build relationships with clients and prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred although will substitute appropriate work experience.
- Experience with volunteer engagement, training, public speaking, and special event coordination preferred.
Required Physical Capabilities:
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work a 40 hour a week schedule with no physical limitations in normal ranges of sitting, standing, walking, and talking.
- Must be able to operate a computer and telephone.
- Must be able to conduct and attend meetings at various locations.
- Must be able to make presentations to small groups.
- Must be able to have flexible working hours, particularly at peak times around special events and educational sessions.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position.
Please Start Your Application Process Here: