Job Opportunity: Senior Case Manager
The Senior Case Manager at Samaritan House is responsible for supervising a team of case managers including the emergency shelter, rapid rehousing and children’s staff and will maintain a small caseload. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining compliance with all grant requirements and Samaritan House’s current policies and procedures and will work to continuously improve program performance and collaborate with other providers to meet client needs. The Senior Case Manager will primarily work during normal business hours, but will also serve as a back-up for the overnight and weekend Intake staff.
- Supervise housing and children’s case management staff, related to child & youth services, emergency housing and rapid rehousing program; including team building, establishing goals/objectives, monitoring of performance, ongoing evaluations and recommendations for hiring/firing.
- Work closely with the Housing Programs Supervisor to help establish and monitor client outcomes, complete routine program evaluation, and meet grant goals.
- Work with Housing Programs Supervisor and management staff to ensure proper spending of child & youth, emergency shelter and rapid rehousing program funds.
- Assist with coordination of child & youth, emergency housing shelter and rapid rehousing services, including timeliness and appropriate use of residential space, customer service concerns and working with staff to ensure that facilities are properly maintained.
- Define and implement new programmatic procedures related to child & youth services, emergency housing and rapid rehousing for approval by the Program Director and Executive Director.
- Maintain a small caseload, assess individual’s and families’ needs and strengths and collaboratively develop individual goals for emergency housing/permanent housing based on SPDAT results.
- Collaborate with the Samaritan House Housing Locator team and local property managers to secure permanent housing for clients.
- Once permanently housed, collaboratively develop housing stabilization plans and strategies that create self-sufficiency and promote safety.
- Serve as a back-up for evening and weekend Intake Staff, assisting them with emergencies as needed.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the other staff members of Samaritan House and stakeholders in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in social work, counseling, or directly related field.
- At least 3 years of domestic violence/sexual assault and homeless related experience including staff supervision, budgeting, and program development as well as supervision of residential programs.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
- Proven excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to lead, evaluate and supervise staff and work within a team.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Ability to develop and work within budgets.
- Ability to write and implement program descriptions, implementation plans, and outcomes measures.
- Ability to work without daily supervision and to manage time effectively.
- A thorough knowledge of human and social services programming.
- Basic computer literacy/windows: Word, Excel, and Outlook etc.
Required Physical Capabilities:
- Incumbent should be able to work at least a 40-hour a week schedule with no physical limitations in normal ranges of sitting, standing, walking, talking, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to conduct and attend meetings at various locations including travel to other locations in the region.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle: car, truck, and van.
This position will have a start date of August 1, 2018.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits. Samaritan House is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Your Application: