Job Opportunity: Transitional Housing Supervisor
The Transitional Housing Supervisor is responsible for managing all aspects of Transitional Housing Program at the Housing Resource Center. This position will supervise direct client staff and maintain a small caseload. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining compliance with all HUD grant requirements and the Housing Resource Center policies and procedures according to a contract between Samaritan House and the City of Virginia Beach. The incumbent will be co-located at the Housing Resource Center.
- Coordinate the Transitional Housing Program, including the appropriate use of residential space, customer service concerns and work with staff to ensure that facilities are properly maintained within the Housing Resource Center
- Define and implement new programmatic procedures related to transitional housing for approval by the Program Director, Executive Director, and Housing Resource Center Staff.
- Utilize a “housing first” and “trauma informed” approach with residents and have this practice reflected in policies, procedure, and staff training.
- Supervise staff related to the Transitional Housing Program; establish goals/objectives, monitor performance, provide ongoing evaluation and recommendations for hiring/firing.
- Complete routine program evaluation, ensure appropriate staffing, successfully meet contract deliverables as well as HUD program goals and objectives.
- Pertaining to case management duties- maintain a small caseload, (up to ten at one time) assess families’ needs and strengths and collaboratively develop individual goals for permanent housing based on F-SPDAT results, establish and monitor client out outcomes.
- Collaborate with other staff as needed (Housing Locator) to secure permanent housing and develop housing stabilization plans and strategies that create self-sufficiency and promote safety.
- Work with management staff to complete a Transitional Housing Program budget and stay within the budget.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the other staff members of Samaritan House, the Housing Resource Center, and stakeholders in the community.
- The ability to work holidays as needed as well as coordinate holiday coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in social work, counseling, or directly related field.
- At least 5 years of domestic violence/sexual assault and homeless related experience including staff supervision, budgeting, and program development as well as supervision of residential programs.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
- Proven excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to lead, evaluate and supervise staff and work within a team.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Ability to develop and work within budgets.
- Ability to write and implement program descriptions, implementation plans, and outcomes measures.
- Ability to work without daily supervision and to manage time effectively.
- A thorough knowledge of human and social services programming.
- Basic computer literacy/windows: Word, Excel, and Outlook etc.
Required Physical Capabilities:
- Incumbent should be able to work at least a 40-hour a week schedule with no physical limitations in normal ranges of sitting, standing, walking, talking, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to conduct and attend meetings at various locations including travel to other locations in the region.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle: car, truck, and van.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits. Please submit resume, cover letter, salary requirement below.
Start Your Application:
Samaritan House Inc., is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status on employment, services and volunteer opportunities.