工作机会： Housing Stabilization Case Manager – Emergency Housing (Temp)
The Housing Stabilization Case Manager for Emergency Housing assists families and individuals who are residing in Samaritan House Emergency Housing due to homelessness, domestic violence and sexual assault. The Case Manager is responsible for assisting emergency housing residents with accessing their strengths, assessing their needs and assisting them in developing a service plan to achieve their self-determined goals and obtaining permanent housing. The Case Manager provides direct and referral services to promote personal safety, stability and self-sufficiency.
- Meet with each adult in emergency housing and hotel within 24 hours after intake (or next business day) to conduct an initial needs assessment and lethality assessment, develop personal safety plans and provide an in-depth orientation to shelter rights and responsibilities.
- Assess individuals’ and families’ needs and strengths and collaboratively develop individual goals for emergency housing based on SPDAT results.
- Update safety plans and service plans weekly to include analysis of environmental barriers and batterer-generated risks (if resident is affected by domestic or sexual violence) and work with residents to eliminate barriers that impede physical, emotional, financial, and psychological well-being.
- Develop knowledge of community resources, utilize advocacy skills and teach self-advocacy so families can expand their use of resources in the community.
- Teach practical skills such as budgeting, self-advocacy, problem solving, and stress management to improve outcomes for shelter residents.
- Complete Housing Now Applications for individuals and families in Emergency Housing.
- Collaborate with the Samaritan House Housing Locator and local Property Managers to secure permanent housing
- Utilize Samaritan House multi-disciplinary team model of practice to support families’ needs and effectively collaborate with other agencies and task forces in the community.
- Complete shelter checks and maintenance request for repairs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field Graduate degree preferred.
- At least three years experience working with families in crisis.
- Knowledge of dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking and homelessness.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle; a car, truck, and van
- 能够举起 25 磅
薪水： Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Samaritan House is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status on employment, services and volunteer opportunities.