Job Opportunity: Intake Coordinator
The incumbent is primarily responsible for conducting crisis interviews with callers and walk-ins, screening requests for shelter and conducting intake assessments. He/she will respond to incoming crisis calls and will work closely with the Regional Crisis Services Supervisor to provide callers with services, information and referrals. There may be times the incumbent will need to visit emergency houses to ensure safety and compliance with rights and responsibilities. Incumbent’s daily schedule is dependent on the needs of emergency hotline, emergency housing clients, and other agency needs. He/she will be responsible for responding to emergencies, intakes, and the documentation of such during the entire duration of the shift.
- Screen all requests for shelter or assistance, conduct intake assessments, assign residents to shelter, conduct crisis interviews with callers as needed, secure transportation and placement for callers who are in immediate danger and provide information and referrals as appropriate.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in response to calls, document interventions, complete appropriate referrals to Case Managers, Victim Advocates and complete statistical information.
- Accompany and orient new shelter residents to their designated shelter.
- May be required to respond to crisis events as they arise at the shelters. Inform supervisory back-up staff and Case Manager of all emergency situations in shelter as soon as possible.
- Be located on-site (main office) or at one of the emergency shelters during the hours of shift.
- Follow policy and procedures for placement of families/individuals in immediate danger when shelters are full.
- B.A. or B.S. social work, counseling, criminal justice, or other related disciplines, is preferred. Length of work experience is considered.
- At least two years experience in crisis intervention work with victim of domestic violence and homelessness.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, second language is preferred.
- 能夠保持當前的 CPR 認證
- 任職者應該能夠每週工作至少 40 小時，在正常的坐姿、站立、行走、說話和舉重 25 磅的範圍內沒有身體限制。
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits. The work schedule for this position – 12pm-8pm.
Samaritan House Inc 是一個機會均等的雇主