Paint 757 Purple and Take a Stand Against Domestic Violence
Paint 757 Purple is BACK and for 2020 we are excited to announce how individuals and businesses all across Hampton Roads can join with Samaritan House to take a stand against violence in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month!
- Corporate Partnerships: Challenge your employees to join Samaritan House in raising funds and awareness all month long by creating your Paint 757 Purple Peer-to-Peer fundraising challenge. To learn more click here or contact Bobby Hall at email@example.com
- Patronize one of our participating business partners throughout the month of October to purchase your unique ‘Love Shouldn’t Hurt’ face mask.
- Text ‘SamStrong’ to 50155 all month long to make a donation.
- Sponsor our Sam Strong media campaign. To learn more, contact Bobby Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wear Purple and sport your ‘Love Shouldn’t Hurt’ face mask on ‘Purple Thursday’ on October 22, joining thousands of people across the country in a day of action taking a stand against domestic violence and raising voices of all those impacted by abuse.
Individuals and businesses of all sizes and industries are invited to get involved and make a real difference. You’ll be helping our community become a safer place for every woman, man and child who calls Hampton Roads home.
How to Get Involved
JOIN THE MOVEMENT and support survivors of violence. All official participants of the campaign will be listed here on the Paint 757 Purple official website and across social media channels. Samaritan House will promote these partners throughout the month of October, encouraging the public to come out and support you on Paint 757 Purple Day. There are opportunities for media exposure and on-air mentions as this campaign continues to grow in popularity across our region! Own a business that doesn’t have a storefront or physical location? That’s fine! We’d love to talk with you about how you can be part of this year’s campaign.
We ask participating businesses to do the following:
- Sell our “Love Shouldn’t Hurt” branded face masks;
- Show your support by displaying a poster and putting out a donation box at your place of business;
- Direct customers to donate by texting “SamStrong” (one word) to 50155;
- Wear purple on Thursday, October 22;
- Create corporate challenge fundraising teams.
About the Campaign
Originating in 2017, the Paint 757 Purple campaign has brought in support from more than 70 different businesses as well as local media and news outlets. What started as an innovative way to grow our support base from our 5k fundraising event in past years, turned into a meaningful way for businesses to get their employees and customers talking about the realities of domestic violence and how to be part of the solution. In its second year, the Paint 757 Purple campaign grew to include a new element that was carried into our third year, where we literally painted 757 purple thanks to beautiful awareness murals in in Virginia Beach. Read more about those projects HERE.
Our goal for the P757P campaign is twofold: to raise funds for the programs that help victims of violence break free from their abusers for good, and continue to raise awareness throughout our community to ensure that people know where to turn if themselves or a loved one are ever in need of help.