Job Opportunity: Primary Prevention Specialist
خلاصه موقعیت: The Primary Prevention Specialist is part of Samaritan House’s Outreach Education Department and focuses on collaborative efforts to deliver sexual/domestic violence and trafficking prevention strategies to the community at large. The Specialist will coordinate, facilitate, and deliver youth-specific prevention programs and services as assigned for preschool, elementary, middle, and high school-aged youth. Curricula will be evidence-informed and/or evidenced-based programs, workshops, presentations, etc. Subjects will include but not be limited to culturally competent content on teen-dating/sexual violence, sex trafficking, safe and healthy relationships, cyber-bullying/bullying, and safe technology use.
- Work in collaboration with local preschool, elementary, middle, and high schools as well as out-of-school time providers (i.e., Boys & Girls Clubs, Scouts, etc.) to identify and educate youth to participate in prevention programs.
- Implement and facilitate direct prevention programs for youth and maintain assessments for each group by conducting pre and post surveys.
- Plan, organize and coordinate primary prevention activities and presentations including trainings, workshops, conferences, luncheons, assemblies, events, etc.
- Engage and provide technical assistance and training to school personnel, parents, and community members.
- Maintain relationships and collaborate with various partners including, but not limited to, schools, government agencies, and community-based organizations to address issues of violence.
- Communicate with program participants and other stakeholders to gain community support for primary prevention programs and to solicit input to improve the programs.
- Represent the agency to various groups to broaden community awareness and support.
- Maintains knowledge of current best practices for primary prevention, including but not limited to, participation in trainings, seminars, and workshops.
- Participate in various meetings, workshops, trainings, seminars, and other activities, as directed.
- Operate professionally in the field on a flexible time schedule, which may include early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
- تمام گزارشات داخلی و خارجی مورد نیاز را به طور دقیق و به موقع تکمیل کنید.
- سایر وظایف محوله
پیشینه مورد نیاز:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, Health, Public Policy, or social service field. Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault, and trafficking.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a community trainer/educator through facilitating groups, delivering violence prevention programming, and performing speaking engagements.
- Coursework or training in prevention philosophy and lifespan developmental theory.
- Knowledge of resources for survivors of violence and the ability to refer appropriately.
- گواهینامه رانندگی معتبر ویرجینیا
مهارت های مورد نیاز:
- Excellent public speaking ability.
- Excellent skills in establishing rapport with youth.
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and implement prevention curricula/programs.
- Strong ability to represent agency in the community and in community coalitions.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, interagency professionals, and community members.
- Ability to be self-directed to plan, organize, and manage own work activities. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work projects through to completion.
- Skills in gathering, interpreting, and compiling feedback from the community.
- Skills in teaching children, youth, and adults and supervising volunteers/interns.
- Ability to use training opportunities and supervision effectively to increase skills and knowledge.
- Experience in and ability to comfortably work well with people from diverse cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain current records and complete data entry and reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Must be able to conduct and attend meetings at various locations at various days and times, including early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to use a computer and telephone. Computer competency requirements include Microsoft Office, Outlook, online researching techniques, and search engine utilization.
- Ability to walk, climb, and reach. Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, particularly around community events and educational sessions.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits. Please submit resume, cover letter and job application to:
Director of Operations/Employee Engagement
بلوار جنوبی 2620
ویرجینیا بیچ، VA 23452
Phone: 757 631-0710, ext. 253
Fax: 757 631-0747
Please download and complete Job Application Form at https://samaritanhouseva.org/contact-us
برنامه خود را شروع کنید:
خانه سامری به سیاست فرصتهای برابر برای همه افراد متعهد است و بر اساس نژاد، رنگ، منشاء ملی، سن، وضعیت تأهل، جنسیت، گرایش جنسی، هویت جنسی، بیان جنسیتی، معلولیت، مذهب یا جانباز تبعیض قائل نیست. وضعیت اشتغال، خدمات و فرصت های داوطلبانه.